Board of Trustees Resolution
Before the Board of Trustees of the San Joaquin Delta Community College District.
Resolution No. 92-44
Shared Governance Provisions of AB 1725 and the Academic Senate
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board of Trustees of the San Joaquin Delta Community College District or its designees will consult collegially with the San Joaquin Delta College Academic Senate when adopting policies and procedures on academic and professional matters.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that for purposes of implementing this policy the following definitions shall apply:
A. Academic and professional matter means the following policy development and implementation matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines;
- Degree and certificate requirements;
- Grading policies;
- Educational program development;
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success;
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles;
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-studies and annual reports;
- Policies for faculty professional development activities;
- Processes for program review;
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development; and,
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
B. Consult collegially means that the San Joaquin Delta College Board of Trustees or such representatives as it may delegate and the representatives of the San Joaquin Delta College Academic Senate shall have the obligation to reach mutual agreement when adopting policies and procedures on academic and professional matters.
C. Mutual agreement means that where agreement has not been reached existing policies shall remain in effect unless continuing with such policies exposes the district to legal liability or substantial hardship.
D. Unless specifically designated otherwise by the Board, The Board's representative or designee for implementation for this policy shall be the Superintendent/President.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this the 2nd day of June, 1992, by the following vote of the Board of trustees, to wit:
- AYES: ACOSTA, BURKE, IVY, MATTHEWS, PARISES, POULOS, SERNA
- NOES: NONE
- ABSENT: NONE
- ABSTAIN: NONE
- JOSEPH ACOSTA, President of the Board of Trustees of the San Joaquin Delta Community College District
- THEODORE POULOS, Clerk of the Board of Trustees of the San Joaquin Delta Community College District