A Welcome from Dr. Omid Pourzanjani, San Joaquin Delta College Superintendent/President
WELCOME to Delta College! We are delighted that you are here! You have chosen to be at one of the best community colleges in the state and we have data to prove it:
- This May, 1,937 Delta graduates earned 2,916 degrees and 798 certificates.
- Over 900 students transferred to a California public university and another 400 students transferred to a private or out-of-state university.
- Twenty-one of our programs received special recognition from the Chancellor’s Office of California Community Colleges because the graduates of those programs had wage increases of 50 percent or more.
- YOU BELONG HERE and we will do everything we can to provide the guidance and support that you need to achieve your educational goals. We know that students who are involved in the college life have more fun and do better academically. So we want you to GET ENGAGED. Delta has numerous athletic teams, student clubs, and college committees where you can engage athletically, socially, politically, and academically. Also, remember that you can always get a group of friends together and start your own club. Just make sure you have some fun! It is not all about books and studying!
- 47 percent of our students are first-generation college students.
- You can join one or more of the 35 clubs or form your own.
- Delta’s 20 sports teams consistently place in the top 10 among other community colleges in California.
We also want to make sure that you have the financial support that you need to succeed in college. So we have a number of financial programs to support you:
- Two-thirds of Delta students receive the California College Promise Grant (free tuition).
- Delta is awarding more than $368,000 in scholarships to students this year.
- More than 16,000 students received some form of financial aid last year.
Please know that success in college is not determined by your IQ, but rather by your persistence, dedication, and hard work.
If you have any questions or need help, please stop by the Welcome Center or just ask anyone that works here!
Dr. Omid Pourzanjani