Fall 2021 Book Vouchers are now available! If you are in need of a book voucher, we now have an online form for you to complete. If you have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for 2021/2022 on file and have submitted ALL documents on your “to do” tab in the MyDelta Portal then you can apply for a Book Voucher. Once your book voucher has been processed you will receive an email to your Delta College email account with details on how to redeem it.
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Department staff are still working mostly remote. However, we do have services available to students both virtually and in person.
The following are ways in which you can receive Financial Aid services:
- You can email us at email@example.com. Emails will be responded to within 1-2 business days.
- You can chat with a person live via our live chat option from this website from the pop up window at the bottom of the page. Live Chat is available Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- You can call 954-5115 and leave a voicemail. Voicemails are responded to within 24-48 business hours.
- General Financial Aid services are provided in person in the new Delta Connect Center which is located on the 1st floor of the DeRicco building. In person services are available Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- We also have virtual appointments available where you can schedule a video call directly with a financial aid specialist. You can schedule the virtual appointment by scrolling down on the page. You will see the yellow box towards the bottom of the page on the right side.
Please remember to complete your “Terms of Offer” once your award is in MyDelta in order for your award to be disbursed.
Submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the first step to receiving Aid. A FAFSA must be submitted each academic year. Use our steps to apply to help guide you through the process of applying, or come to the E-Services Lab for in-person support.