Spring 2024 Book Advance Voucher Authorization Form Available 12/01/2023
Financial Aid Book Advance Program
Who can apply?
- Students with financial aid award(s) OR students who have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) on file with Delta College.
- If not already awarded, students must have all financial aid documents submitted and in "Not Reviewed" status.
- Students must meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines.
- Students must be eligible to receive financial aid and are enrolled in classes.
How to apply?
- Request a Book Advance Voucher by doing one of the following:
- Check your Delta College Email account for a response within 2 business days.
- If approved, you will be contact via your student email account with instructions on how to claim the FA Book Advance Voucher.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q: How does it work?
A: The Book Advance Voucher is an advancement of your financial aid. The amount used will be deducted from your future financial aid disbursements. It is issued once per semester and can help you purchase up to $750 worth of textbooks and/or codes from the Delta College Bookstore. Book Advance Voucher approvals are limited to one per semester as long as the student remains eligible for financial aid. Additional Book Advance Voucher requests are not allowed.
As a reminder: Keep receipts of all purchases for your own personal records.
Q: I have not received an update regarding my Book Advance Application within 2 business days.
A: Send a Follow Up email to our Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (209) 945-5115
Q: I have not been assigned a Specialist yet, who do I contact?
A: Follow Up with the Financial Aid Office at (209) 954-5115.
Q: Is the Book Advance Voucher FREE money?
A: No. It is an advance of your eligible financial aid funds. Students are encouraged to check that ALL of their textbooks and/or class codes are available at the Delta College Bookstore before requesting a Book Advance Voucher.
Q: Can I buy class codes with my Book Voucher?
A: Yes. You can purchase only books and/or codes listed on your class schedule.
Q: Can I get a cash refund on my purchases?
A: The Book Advance Voucher has NO CASH VALUE. All refunds on valid book/code returns will be disbursed through your BankMobile preference. For instance, if you return books which were purchased with a Book Advance Voucher, your refund will arrive with your next financial aid disbursement.
For questions about the Book Advance program, please contact the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office.