Covid-19 Pandemic Remote Working Information
For the purposes of the well-being of our employees and students, Veterans Services office is temporarily working remotely. Emails will be responded to within 1-2 business days. Additionally, we now have a live chat available through our homepage and virtual office hours are available to meet with veteran resource staff.
The Veteran Resource Center serves as the centralized hub for all student veteran and eligible dependents needs. The center offers a wide array of services and resources, including a space where student veterans can connect with one another or participate in the Student Veterans Alliance (SVA) club.
One of the most pressing issues facing veterans is social isolation. Many veterans have difficulty adjusting to civilian life, especially adjusting to college. We have over 300 veterans on campus that we proudly serve!
Services We Provide
The Veteran Resource Center (VRC) offers our student-veterans & dependents:
- One-stop student service center for veterans and dependents
- Assist students in expediting access to funding
- Priority registration (VETERANS ONLY WITH DD 214)
- Designed to be sensitive to the transition from military to civilian life and education success
- Quiet study area/Food Pantry
- Computer and printer access
- Networking with other veterans on campus
- Veteran Advocacy
- Access to VA Counselors
- Referrals to community agencies
- Student Veteran Alliance Club
- Scheduling appointments with veterans counselor
- Access to County, State and Federal Veteran Service Representatives
How to Become a Veteran Student at Delta College
- Apply for admissions
- Complete orientation
- Apply for FAFSA
- **Review & apply for Education Benefits
- Provide DD214, **Certificate of Eligibility, & intake forms
- Meet with counselor for abbreviated student education plan
- Register for classes
- **Complete certification form
**items not required if not using benefits.