Disability Documentation and Accommodations
DSPS counselors approve disability related services based upon verification from an appropriate certifying professional which describes individual functional and/or educational limitations. Counseling appointments are scheduled two weeks in advance, so plan early!
- Complete a New Student Intake
- Review documentation and discuss functional/educational limitations. Disability Verification form can be downloaded HERE. *Remember that a certified medical professional must complete the form throughly. Incomplete forms may not be accepted and can delay your services through DSPS.
- Discuss and approve reasonable accommodations based upon individual limitations
- Complete the DSPS Accommodations Notice Form and give student a copy to verify classroom accommodations for instructors.
- Assist students in developing a balanced individual Student Educational Plan (SEP)
- Recommend disability management strategies to optimize student success