Mission & Vision Statements
The Classified Senate is committed to the support and participation of the mission and goals of San Joaquin Delta College. Within the context of this commitment and in the pursuit of excellence, the mission of the Classified Senate is:
- To advocate for higher education in the State of California in support of student success.
- To facilitate effective participation of Classified employees, on non-bargaining issues, in the shared governance process at the institutional and State levels.
- To represent the interests of the Classified employees, on non-bargaining issues, in the development and formulation of College policies and procedures.
- To promote the continued professional and personal development of Classified employees.
- To develop individual leadership among the Classified employees.
- To promote effective communication and mutual understanding among the Classified employees, students, faculty, and administrators.
- To promote recognition of, and appreciation for, the value and contribution of Classified employees to the learning environment and the campus community.
The San Joaquin Delta College Classified Senate is committed to the success and development of the Classified staff by being the participatory governance organizations that creates an environment of shared mutual respect among the Delta College Community.