Getting Started in the Emergency Medical Technician Program
- Review all the certificate information on this page.
- Complete and submit an application to San Joaquin Delta College.
(Be sure to make a note of your Student ID# and to setup your MyDelta Dashboard account / password.)
- Submit a Completed EMT Application.
- Check your Delta College Student email often.
(The EMT program will primarily communicate with you through your Delta email address for any updates to your application status.)
- You will be notified by email of your acceptance or waitlist position in the program.
- Students accepted into the EMT program will receive an EMT Packet to complete.
- Student who are invited to join the program MUST accept or decline their spot by the deadline date indicated in the packet.
- Packet and clinical clearance must be also completed by the deadline date indicated.
- Purchase required textbooks, uniforms and supplies.
- Attend class.
EMT Course Information
H S 87 Emergency Medical Technician
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course provides students with an understanding of the Emergency Medical System (EMS), identifying medical emergencies, patient assessment process, and emergency medical care presently considered within the scope of practice for an EMT. This course will help prepare students to take the EMT National Registry exam. Upon completion of the National Registry exam, students may be able to find employment in the ambulance field, fire service, or the private sector.