Psychiatric Technician Admissions
How to Apply
1. Apply for Admission to Delta College
Applicants applying for admission to the Psychiatric Technology (PT) program are required to have a current Application for Admission on file with our college. All applicants to the PT program must have an active Delta College student I.D. number and Delta College email address. All correspondence from the college will be sent to the Delta College email account.
2. Complete the PT Program Application
3. Follow Application Processing Dates
|SUMMER 2023 Psychiatric Technician Program Application Dates|
Open Application Period
(Online Psychiatric Technician Program Application)
Opens: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 @ 9 a.m.
Closes: Sunday, March 12, 2023 @ 4 p.m.
Completed Application Confirmation E-Mail
(Sent to Delta College student e-mail account)
|Immediately After Submission of Completed Application|
Invitation to submit backup documentation
(Applicants log back into the application system to check their status. Applicants that are invited to submit backup documentation will have access to download a “Supporting Documentation Checklist” with submission instructions)
|Tuesday, March 14, 2023|
Deadline to submit backup documentation
(As per the instructions in the “Supporting Documentation Checklist”)
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
(Applicants log back into the application system to check their final ranking status. Applicants that have submitted backup documentation will receive a status of Admitted, Alternate, or Disqualified)
|Monday, April 10, 2023|
Students admitted into the program log back into the application system to “Accept” or “Decline” their space
|Friday, April 14, 2023|
Questions about the application? Please e-mail email@example.com.
Before applying to the Psychiatric Technician Program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
- "Complete all prerequisites prior to applying with a grade of "C" or better and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Be a current Delta College student
- Be at least 18 years of age
- A valid signed copy of your Social Security Card
- Completion of the Twelfth (12th) Grade in High School or its Equivalent. A copy of your High School Diploma, High School Transcripts showing graduation, or passed the "GED" test at the 12th Grade Level; copy of certificate required.
- If a student has a High School diploma from a foreign country, an evaluation must accompany that foreign High School diploma that indicates it is equivalent to a U.S. Twelfth (12th) Grade High School Completion. The agency evaluating the foreign diploma must be accredited by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Updated curriculum: Anticipated Implementation Date - May 26, 2024
- Bio 33 - Anatomy & Physiology
Bio 31 - Human Anatomy
Biology 32 - Human Physiology
- HS 19/FCS 19 - Human Development
- FCS 006 - Nutrition
- Psych 001 - Introduction to Psychology
Old curriculum: Anticipated End Date - May 27, 2024
- Biology 33 - Anatomy & Physiology OR Biology 31 - Human Anatomy
- Psych 001- Introduction to Psychology
- HS 19 / FCS 19 - Human Development
- HS 36 - Medical Terminology & Speech
Delta Student Requirement
To qualify for the program, you must be enrolled as a current Delta College Student and know your Delta College ID Number and email address. To be considered a current Delta College student, an "active application" must be on file with Delta College Admissions and Records. If you have not attended Delta College for two or more semesters, then you do not have an "active application" and must reapply to Delta College. Any student who does not have an "active application" on file prior prior to the Psychiatric Technician Online application opening date will be unable to submit an application to the program. Learn More About Applying to Delta
How Students Are Selected to the PT Program
A random selection process is utilized to select qualified students to the Psychiatric Technology Program. Additionally, we reserve a limited number of spaces for Veterans with an honorable discharge who meet program prerequisites.
If you are selected to the program, you will be notified via your Delta College email address. Upon selection, you will need to:
- Complete and submit all clinical requirements as early as possible and no later than the stated deadline:
- LiveScan (Fingerprinting)
- Drug Screening
- Professional level CPR
- Malpractice insurance
- Physical exam
- Purchase skills lab kit
- Attend the Welcoming Reception hosted by senior students
- Purchase course syllabi, textbooks, uniforms, etc.
Information about completing the above will be provided to you upon program acceptance.