SJDC Librarians offer embedded library workshops to individual classes at the request of the teaching faculty. These workshops are tailored to class research projects and assignments, aiming at empowering the students to accomplish the following outcomes:
- Develop an awareness of the rich reservoir of library resources in various formats
- Understand research process and be able to develop information search strategies
- Learn to use valuable research tools to find reputable sources in various formats on hot issues or chosen topics
- Evaluate retrieved sources
- Cite the retrieved sources in MLA or APA or Chicago style
To facilitate students’ reviews and learning, Web-based multimedia LibGuides are developed for the embedded courses so that students may utilize the embedded instructional resources online 24/7.
How to Request
To request an embedded library workshop, complete the form below. Early submission of the request is required for preparation and LibGuide development. Please contact the Reference Librarian on duty should you have any questions.