Friends of the Library
Become a Member of Friends of the SJDC Library
Why Support your Community College Library?
- Goleman Library houses over 83,000 volumes and over 30,000 non-print materials.
- The library has a deep variety of electronic online databases and offers Internet access.
Goals of the Friends of the Library
- Stimulate interest in the collection and the facilities
- Encourage gifts of books, manuscripts and other materials
- Raise funds to acquire special equipment, books, and other items
- Sponsor events and activities designed to add to the cultural life of the community
- and inform the community about programs, activities, resources and needs.
Objectives of the Friends of the Library
- Create a program for membership development
- Sponsor special events for the purpose of raising funds
- Develop a newsletter or annual publication to highlight the library's collection, services, personnel and Library Friends
- Conduct "used book sales."
- Membership is open to any individual, business, faculty, staff and student interested in the purposes of the "Friends of the Library."
- A Board of Directors shall be elected by the membership.
- The Director of Library Services shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Board.
Levels of Support
Our levels of support are as follows:
- Students - $5.00
- Staff - $10.00
- Bronze - $20.00
- Silver - $30.00
- Gold - $50.00
- Platinum - $100.00 or more
- Lifetime - $250.00 or more
Please make your check payable to: "Friends of the Library Council."
Please send your check to:
Friends of the Goleman Library
5151 Pacific Ave.
Holt Building Room 242
Stockton, CA 95207
For more information, please contact Library Services at (209) 954-5143