The Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) program is an affiliate program of EOPS designed to support the special needs of a single parent recipient of AFDC, TANF, or CalWORKS, 18 years of age or older, head of household, with one or more children, 13 years of age or younger.
How do I qualify for CARE?
- Be eligible for EOPS.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be a single parent/head of household.
- Be a custodial parent of one or more children.
- At least one dependent child is a current recipient of AFDC/TANF/ CalWORKs cash aid.
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units each semester (Waiver available).
- Be enrolled in an educational program of study leading to a vocational/technical training certificate, associate degree, or university transfer program.
- The CARE counseling courses (COUN 18A, 18B & 18C) are required for CARE students
In addition to EOPS Program services, CARE students also may qualify to receive:
- Financial grants
- Free parking permits or bus passes
- Campus and community resource referrals
- Emergency car repair money (limited availability)
- Academic and personal counseling
- Instructional support classes
- Networking activities