Okta Single Sign-On
Use your Delta email username and password to sign-on to your applications from one central location
With OKTA, you will log in one time, from one place and instantly have access to many of the apps you need for work at Delta — Office 365, Oracle, IT Service Desk, Canvas, and Box
- Better overall experience: Okta makes it simpler for you to get to the applications you need for work
- Improved security: Okta adds a layer of protection to our network, data, and you.
- Your apps, only one password: Use your Delta email and password to sign-on to your applications from one central location
- Easy access from anywhere: Okta is available in and outside of the office and even on mobile devices. This means you don’t have to be at your desk to use it.
- Go to: https://deltacollege.okta.com/
- Log-in using your OKTA username and password
- Username Example: if your Delta Student Email Address is email@example.com, your Username will be: jsmith123
- Enter your OKTA password.
- Click sign in and you will be redirected to your Okta Dashboard.
Access Okta from your browser window with the Okta Plugin.
Download the Okta Plguin
To download and install the Okta Plugin, go to Okta's Download Browser Plugin Instructions and follow the link for your preferred browser.
After downloading the browser plugin, you will be able to click on the plugin from your browser to view and sign in to any of your Dela apps.
You can access your email, canvas, Box and other work apps form your Okta Dashboard
- Sign in to Okta with your Delta Email and password
- Once logged in, your Okta Homepage will be displayed with all Apps that you have available.
- Click one of the app icons to begin using.
- Okta will automatically sign you in and launch the application in a new tab of your browser
- Return to the Okta tab in your browser when you are ready to start using additional apps
Be sure to setup Multifactor Authentication (MFA) before you forget your password.
Forgot Your Password
- If you forgot your password, go to the Delta Okta Sign In Page
- Click the Need Help Signing In? link below the blue sign in button.
- Click the Forgot Password Link
- Enter your Delta email address and click one of the options below. The default recovery option is Reset via Email. Be sure to have a secondary email added so that Okta can send a reset link somewhere accessible. If you have set up MFA, Voice Call and SMS can be options.
- Look in your inbox for the system generated email and follow the prompts.
Change Your Okta Password
Follow the Change My Password instructions for employee email and computer/network passwords.
Multifactor Authentication helps secure your account from security attacks by adding another barrier of security to your account beyond your password. The options recommended to setup are Okta Verify, an app that uses your phone’s FaceID, fingerprint, or passcode to verify it is you that attempted to log in, Voice call, and SMS.
Okta Multifactor Authentication Guide
When setting up the Multifactor Authentication by Voice Call and SMS, Okta will automatically add them as a password recovery option. Please refer to the Multifactor Authentication guide on how to set these options up. In addition to using your phone to recover your password, you can also use a secondary email.
Add a Secondary Email
Secondary emails are useful in case you forget your Okta password. If you forget your password, then you can request a password help link be sent to your email address. But since you're accessing your Delta's email through Okta, then you won't be able to access the email that was sent. If you have provided Okta with a secondary email address, then Okta will also send the forgotten password email to your secondary email address — making it easy to access and reset your password!
To set a secondary email:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the navigation, and click on settings.
- From settings, click edit next to personal information
- Enter a secondary email in the open text field and click save.
The MyDelta Faculty Center will not be available in Okta until a future phase. You will continue to access it from the MyDelta Login.
No, Okta will not affect your Desktop versions of Office 365.