To assist students in their pursuit of a legal career, six undergraduate institutions and their respective law schools are participating in the Pathway to Law Program:
Pursue a Career in Law!
The Pathway to Law at Delta College provides a streamlined path to completing the educational requirements to pursue a career in the legal field. As a participant you will get additional academic and financial counseling, become eligible for special consideration and fee waivers when applying to partner institutions, receive special recognition as a California LAW Scholar, and gain access to law-related activities!
Pathway to Law is open to ALL areas of study — there are no major requirements to be able to participate in the program. As long as you are a current San Joaquin Delta College student in good academic standing (you are not on academic probation or suspension), then you eligible for Pathway to Law!
How to Get Started
- Complete the online application
- Attend Pathway to Law Orientation
- Work with Pathway to Law counselor
- Establish Student Educational Plan based on selected major and the Pathway to Law Program's required courses
- Counseling and Mentoring
- Exposure to careers in the law
- Networking opportunities
- LSAT prep support
- Law-related activities
- Financial aid counseling
- Prescribed course credits will transfer to participating schools
- Waived application fees for admission to the participating law schools
- Special attention regarding college and law school applications at participating schools
- Upon completion of the programs, students will be designated as a California LAW Scholar