Unable to Add a Class in MyDelta
There are a few reasons you may not be allowed you to add a class to your schedule in MyDelta:
Time conflicts occur when two classes are scheduled at overlapping times. MyDelta does not allow you to have time conflicts, such as enrolling in two classes that both meet on Mondays at 10 a.m.
- Prerequisites are requirements for taking a class, such as completing a prior course. You will not be allowed to enroll or waitlist for a course, if you have not met the prerequisites.
- If you encountered an error message regarding prerequisites, but believe that you have, in fact, met the requirements, we encourage you to try again. We have resolved most of the prerequisite issues that previously prevented enrollment
- Invalid units taken error message: If you encounter an error message about invalid units taken, simply log out and try again. This should resolve the error.
- A corequisite means a course you must take at the same time as another course or requirement. At Delta, if you are signing up for certain English and math classes, you may need to take a one-unit support class at the same time
- If you are registering for a course with a corequisite, make sure both courses are in your shopping cart so you can enroll in them at the same time.
- Read our tutorial on how to enroll in a class with a corequisite
Hold on record preventing enrollment
- Check your tasks in MyDelta to see if there are any holds on your record that need to be resolved before you are allowed to register. Learn more about holds
The Class is Full
- If there is sitll room on the waitlist, you should select “Waitlist if Class is full” on Step 2 of the Registration process to be added to the waitlist of a full class. Learn more the waitlist
If none of these are true, please use the LiveHelp Chat in MyDelta to request assistance in registering for a class.