The Strong Workforce Program at San Joaquin Delta College strives to increase the number of students in quality CTE (courses, programs, pathways, credentials, certificates, degrees) that lead to successful workforce outcomes. This will be achieved by:
- Increasing CTE student enrollment through collaboration with Marketing and Outreach department, local school districts, adult schools, alternative schools, and SJ County Office of Education.
- Increasing CTE student attainment of educational goals (certificate, degree, transfers) through collaboration with faculty and student support services on-campus.
- Revitalizing and expand upon existing CTE programs to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Highlighting CTE student success through acknowledgment and celebratory activities.
- Developing and strengthening partnerships with industry leaders and businesses to increase work-based learning opportunities (internship, job-shadow, volunteer experience) for CTE students.
- Developing programs that align with existing strategic planning initiatives such as the College’s Master Ed Plan, Student Equity, Student Success and Support Program, Adult Education Consortium, Basic Skills, Guided Pathways, Prior Learning Assessment, Enterprise Resource Planning, Common Assessment, and Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative.