Financial Aid Eligibility

Individuals must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Federal Financial Aid:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen of the United States.
    • An eligible non-citizen is a US permanent resident who has an I-151, I-1551, or I-1551c (Alien Registration receipt card). If you do not possess these, you must have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U. S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent. No diploma or GED? Contact the Financial Aid Office.
  • Be an undergraduate student enrolled in an eligible program working toward a degree or certificate.
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  • If male and not currently on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, register (or already be registered) with Selective Service.
    • If you are male between 18 through 25 years old, you must register with Selective Service. If you believe that you are not required to register, call the Selective Service office at 1-847-688-6888 for information regarding exemptions.
  • You must not owe a refund on any grant received at any college or university or be in default on any student loan, such as the Perkins Loan or Stafford Loan.

You may also be required to submit some or all of the following:

  • A copy of your and/or your parents signed IRS Federal tax return transcript for the prior, prior year including all schedules and attachments or you and/or your parents Income Certification, (if they or you did not file).
  • Untaxed Income Verification of any untaxed benefits received.
  • Veteran's Benefits Verification.
  • A copy of your Social Security Card.
  • U.S. Citizenship documents if you are a Naturalized Citizen or in the process of becoming one.

Additionally, the Financial Aid Office may request other information or documentation.