COVID-19 testing is required twice a week for Delta students and employees who are still in the process of getting vaccinated, or have applied for or been granted an exemption to the College’s vaccination mandate. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to test, but can utilize this service if desired.
How to Get Tested
Delta College will offer both on-campus and at-home testing options. For the purposes of complying with the vaccine mandate, please use the testing services described below. Please do not use other external COVID-19 testing providers.
Testing is available to all Delta faculty, staff, and students, regardless of vaccination status.
On-campus testing is now available from our partners at HealthyRETURNS at the following place and times:
Faculty, staff, and students, regardless of vaccination status are required to wear a face mask when at the testing center. The face mask must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
- Locke Lounge (Locke 105) (Stockton campus)
- Monday: 9am - 7pm (Administered by in-person clinician)
- Tuesday: 9am - 7pm (Administered by in-person clinician)
- Wednesday: 9am - 7pm (Administered by in-person clinician)
- Thursday: 9am to 7pm (Administered by in-person clinician)
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: No on-campus testing available
- At the South Campus at Mountain House, check in with district police at MH 202A. They will give students the test and direct them to MH 103, where a computer with step by step instructions is available. Need help? Call (209) 833-7900.
- Monday-Thursday: 8am - 5pm
- Friday: 8am - 12 pm
- For those at the Manteca farm, or for students and employees who are fully remote, testing will be available via videoconference with a proctor (administrator). Request an at-home test kit by clicking here.