Delta College stands in solidarity with African-American students and the community.
Here are some resources that might be helpful during this very difficult time. Most of these resources are courtesy of Delta's CalWorks staff -- many thanks for the time spent compiling this list!
• Black Emotional Mental Health (BEAM): BEAM will be holding Black-centered healing and support virtual spaces to offer support during this difficult time: https://www.beam.community/events
• People of Color: A weekly supportive group meeting virtually to discuss issues, coping strategies, and resources relevant to people of color in our community, particularly during the crisis of COVID-19. Every Monday from 10:30 a.m to noon. For support group questions, contact Lisa-Sun: email@example.com or at (415) 341-9502
• African American Family Outreach and Support Group: The support group meets via conference call on the fourth Tuesday of every month (except December) from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. The call-in number is (425) 436-6325 and the access code is 388582#.
• California Peer-Run Warm Line: The Warm Line aims to be a highly accessible, low threshold mental health resource that people can use to seek support. Available 24/7 by calling (855) 845-7415
• Support Guide - Mental Health in the African-American Community: https://emmresourcecenter.org/system/files/2017-09/AAMentalHealth101print-ready.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3qRBwu1NqzTWheu5yFsiUD2CBm5MEJ8g2Ysg1nR5H8RMJ2Itld3cQufWM
• CampusWell: In partnership with Delta College, this publication is offering tips on confronting racism and dealing with stress. Click here to take a look.
Do you have more suggestions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.