The Technology and Learning Center (TLC) is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. We are still here for you!
Technology and Learning Center
The Technology and Learning Center (TLC) provides a supervised lab environment designed specifically for CalWORKs students. Benefits and services offered:
- Access to computers and Internet
- Free printing, copies and school supplies (based on funding)
- Supervised Study Time (SST). This is an approved CalWORKs activity for students needing to meet weekly participation hours
- Convenient and quiet study areas
- Complete your class assignments, online course work, search for employment, and more!
- Lending library materials available (headphones, calculators, and more on loan while using the lab)
- CalWORKs TLC staff available to help
- Receive general information and referrals to the CalWORKs program and campus resources
- Assistance with accessing Delta College email, financial aid, class registration, academic history, etc.
Supervised Study Time
Supervised Study Time (SST) is available to CalWORKs students. Supervised Study Time is allotted to each student based on their class schedule and needs. Hours spent in Supervised Study Time also count toward a student’s CalWORKs participation requirement and can also be counted as a core activity. Hours are monitored by a time clock and are reported monthly to CalWORKs Case Managers.
Following college policy, students will be dropped from SST when they miss more than one day than the class meets per week.
Selina Mendoza is the Instructional Support Assistant who coordinates the lab. For more information, please call (209) 954-5759 or stop by Forum 110.