Update: The July 26 open house mentioned in the original version of this press release has now been moved to July 30. The press release has been updated with the new date.
STOCKTON — The public is invited to a series of open house events beginning July 22 to review proposed maps defining new San Joaquin Delta Community College District trustee areas.
Each of the District’s seven trustees lives in and represents a particular area of Delta’s 2,300-square-mile District. However, each trustee is currently elected by voters throughout the District.
Trustees voted last year to transition to area voting, in which voters will cast ballots only for the candidate within their area. The process includes updating the maps, new drafts of which can be seen here.
A final decision is expected later this year.
Members of the public may attend any of the upcoming meetings. The open houses have been scheduled as follows:
• Lodi (Trustee Charles Jennings): 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. July 22 at the Lodi Public Library Community Room, 201 W. Locust St.
• Mountain House (Trustee Teresa Brown): 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. July 23 at the South Campus at Mountain House Room MH201, 2073 S. Central Parkway
• Manteca (Trustee Catherine Mathis): 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 24 at the Manteca Public Library McFall Room, 320 W. Center St.
• Linden/East County/Calaveras (Trustee Steve Castellanos): 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. July 25 at the Linden High School library, 18527 E. Front St.
• Tracy (Trustee Teresa Brown): 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. July 30 at WorkVine 209 (Tracy Outlets), 1005 Pescadero Avenue Ste. 167
• Stockton (Trustees Jennet Stebbins, Carlos Huerta, and Janet Rivera): 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 1, Delta College Board Room, Administration Building, 5151 Pacific Avenue
Additionally, comments will be accepted at two formal public hearings that have been scheduled for Board of Trustees’ Aug. 6 and Aug. 20 meetings, which begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Board Room in the Horton Administration Building, 5151 Pacific Avenue in Stockton. Comments on the maps can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any final decision by the Board of Trustees will require approval by the California Community Colleges Board of Governors. More information is available at deltacollege.edu/board-trustees/area-voting.