STOCKTON -- The San Joaquin Delta Community College District is soliciting applications to serve as an appointed trustee for Area 6 of the Board of Trustees until the next regularly scheduled election for governing Board members, which is Nov. 5, 2024.
Area 6 includes the communities of Tracy and Mountain House.
The Board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which includes:
- Participating fully in the work of the board, which includes attending all board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs.
- Being knowledgeable about the communities served by the college and being willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
- Being committed to community colleges and their missions; understanding educational, social, and economic policy issues.
- Engaging in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; being able to contribute to and build consensus.
- Contributing to effective Board functioning and supporting the authority of the board as a whole. The Board of Trustees meets twice monthly on Tuesdays unless noted otherwise. Please see the college website for the current board calendar.
Please contact the Office of the Superintendent/President to indicate an interest or suggest possible candidates for the position. Further information and application materials are available from:
San Joaquin Delta College
Office of the Superintendent/President
Horton Administration Bldg., Room 103
5151 Pacific Avenue
Stockton, CA 95207
Phone: (209) 954-5018
Applications are due no later than 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2022. The Board will interview candidates on Oct. 11, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. and intends to make a provisional appointment at that meeting.
Today's announcement comes after the recent death of longtime Trustee Teresa Brown, who had served as Delta's Area 6 trustee since 2008.