Tutoring / Practice Your English
Drop-In Tutoring is Available in-person and online!
Free drop-in tutoring is available for all students enrolled in a Delta ESL course. ESL students meet with friendly tutors to work on their English language skills. Tutors are other Delta College students with advanced English and writing skills. ESL students can meet with tutors to ask questions, get help, or simply practice reading, writing, listening, speaking, or grammar.
ESL Tutoring Hours
Spring 2023 Schedule
|Norma||10am - 3pm||10am - 3pm||10am - 3pm||10am - 3pm|
|Trisha||12pm - 3pm||12pm - 3pm||12pm - 3pm|
To Join an ESL tutoring session during scheduled hours, use this Zoom Link or visit us at HOLT 201.
Join Tutoring Session via Zoom
Students may also get assistance by emailing the ESL Lab (ESL.Lab@deltacollege.edu) or calling the ESL Lab's off-campus telephone number (209) 202-3693.
English Practice On the Web
The following are links to exercises on the web that can help you improve your English skills:
Listening & Speaking Practice
- Listen to video lectures in English with Ted Talks
- Practice Easy, Medium, and Difficult conversations at Randall's ESL Listening Lab
- Listen and learn vocabulary at Language Guide
- Listen to songs and take quizzes at EFL club
- Listen to internet and radio broadcasts at the English Page Listening Lounge
Reading and Vocabulary Practice
- Dictionary.com (online dictionary with pronunciation)
- Wordreference.com (online dictionary with pronunciation)
- Dave's ESL Café Idioms Page
- 5 minute English Reading exercises
- Definitions and pronunciation Vocabulary.com
Online Typing/Keyboarding Practice
- Dance Mat from BBC Typing Game
- Sense Language Touch Typing
- Qwerty keyboard at Power Typing