Start Your Workforce Training While Still in High School
Our CTE Transitions are for grades 9 - 12 and provide you with a planned sequence of study in a career technical field as well as the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school.
- CTE Transitions leads to post-secondary educational programs that result in certification in high paying/high demand technical careers
- Get hands-on training and education
- Develop strong academic skills needed for analytical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork
- Open yourself up to a wide variety of career choices and opportunities
Primary Areas of CTE Transitions
During CTE Transitions, you will participate in a high school program that includes technical skills and applied academics.
- Career Exploration: A career path intended to prepare you for high-skill technical occupations by linking high school and college education with future employment. You will investigate future careers to map out a plan.
- High School Approved Courses: These courses give a different approach to teaching core academic subjects through hands-on activities. You will learn through doing – labs, fieldwork, and other activities.
- College Program of Study: You will finish your course of study at San Joaquin Delta College, or transfer your SJ Delta credits to a four-year college.