What are the degree options and certificate options
Early Childhood Education courses provide foundational and global perspectives of children and childhood. Those who are pursuing a career may choose to complete a certificate or one of two Associate in Arts degrees. The Associate in Science for Transfer was specifically designed for students planning to transfer to a California State University.
For Degree and Certificate requirements, please visit the College Catalog.
- Early Childhood Education Associate in Arts
- Early Childhood Education Associate in Science for Transfer
- Early Childhood Education Associate Teacher, Certificate of Achievement
- Early Childhood Education Master Teacher, Certificate of Achievement
- Early Childhood Education Site Supervisor, Certificate of Achievement
- Early Childhood Education Teacher, Certificate of Achievement
Consumer Information & Cost
For consumer information about the cost to complete certificate programs and completion rates, view our Gainful Employment Disclosures.
- California Early Childhood Mentor Program
- California Community Care Licensing
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing state permits page
- California Association for the Education of Young Children
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning
- Child Development Division
- Child Development Training Consortium (webpage with state permits)
- Early Childhood Education Job Opportunities
- Family Resource & Referral Center
- First 5 California
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- San Joaquin County Office of Education, Early Childhood Education Department
- Zero to Three