Delta Jazz Series
We are excited to announce the 2019 San Joaquin Delta Jazz Festival with guest artist Lao Tizer featuring Eric Marienthal. This year the festival will be on Saturday, December 7th. The festival is an all-day event sponsored by San Joaquin Delta College and the Division of Arts & Communication. We are inviting Middle School, High School, College Big Bands and Combos to attend.
Our focus is on education, inclusion and inspiration. To that end, we will no longer have a competition. Instead, we will provide directors and students with positive feedback from world-class musicians. Bands will still receive comments from three adjudicators and a post-performance clinic. The featured concert by the Lao Tizer Band will be at 1:00 p.m. in Atherton Auditorium. All students performing at the festival will be admitted free to the concert. Additional tickets will be available to purchase for $15.00. If you are not familiar with Lao, here is the link to his website: http://laotizer.com. Check out all the good reviews about the band and enjoy a great performance!
Delta College Jazz Festival Application
We encourage you to send your application in early to allow for scheduling and organization. Entries will be accepted in the order in which they are received until November 1, 2019. Please note changes on the application form and include one application form for each band attending. For more information on fees and categories, please contact Jazz Studies Director Brian Kendrick.
- Ari Hoenig Trio (2018)
- Yellow Jackets (2007)
- Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band (2009)
- Kurt Elling (2010)
- Kenney Werner Quintet (2011)
- Bob Mintzer's LA Big Band (2012)
- Brian Kendrick Big Band with guest James Miley; Patricia Barber Quartet; and the Tom Harrell Quintet (Brubeck Jazz Festival March 2013)
- Espacio with Guest Eric Marienthal (2013)
- jazzReach Metta Quinte, Brubeck Institute Jazz Quintet, and Edie Palmieri (Brubeck Jazz Festival March 2014)
- Pacific Mambo Orchestra (2014)
- Donny McCaslin (2015)
- The Pedrito Martinez Group (2016)
- Sammy Miller & the Congregation (2017)