Credit By Examination
The purpose of Credit by Examination (CBE) is to recognize a student's experience(s) and knowledge base for which credit or advanced standing has not been previously granted. A student who satisfactorily passes authorized examinations may earn credit.
To be eligible for Credit by Examination, you:
- Must be currently registered at the College and enrolled in the semester in which CBE is requested.
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress.
- Must meet the prerequisite(s) for the course for which CBE is requested.
- Must not have successfully completed or must not be currently enrolled in the course for which CBE is requested.
- Must not have taken a more advanced course in the same subject matter
- Are limited to a maximum of 12 units of academic credit by examination
Credit by Examination is not available during the summer intersession. For complete information, please refer to BP/AP 4235.
A fee of $46 per unit will be charged. (e.g. 3.0 units x $46= $138.00). For information regarding, Credit By Exam please contact the Counseling Center at: (209)954-5151 ext. 6276.