Online Degree - Business Administration (AS-T)
Business Administration Associate in Science
For Transfer (AS-T)
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer degree provides the student with an introductory foundation of business and prepares a student to transfer to a CSU. The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer program prepares students for a broad range of opportunities in the area of business. The completion of this degree provides preparation for upper division work for students seeking to transfer and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Business from a California State University (CSU)The program offers students a foundation in business operations and management, accounting, economics, mathematics, computer science, and business law. Upon completion of the appropriate four-year institution degree students will be prepared to enter occupations such as the following: Accountants and Auditors, Business Operations Specialists, Financial Managers, General and Operations Managers, Human Resources Specialists, Labor Relations Specialists, Management Analysts, Market Research Analysts, Marketing Specialists and Sales Managers.This degree is designed to provide a pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree in Business Administration. California Community College students who are awarded an Associate in Science in Business Administration degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses. Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Upon successful completion of the Associate in Science degree in Business the student will have communication, interpersonal, leadership, quantitative, and teamwork skills as well as a solid understanding of the contemporary business environment.
- Apply accounting and legal concepts and principles in making decisions about business operations.
- Identify and explain the major functional areas of business organizations including management, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing in various business settings.
- Apply commonly used computer application programs to compose relevant business documents.
- Analyze a situation, choose mathematical constructs best suited to model the situation and propose an appropriate solution or conclusion.
- Students will know how to use economic data sets/formulas in order to interpret and analyze data.
- The student will be able to find probability using the normal distribution.
- Analyze application problems and choose appropriate mathematical models to solve the problems.
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of Management Information Systems (MIS) and its terminology.
- Students will have a solid understanding of the legal, ethical, and contemporary business environment.
|Complete one of the following General Education patterns:
- California State University General Education (CSU-GE) pattern
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum-CSU Version (IGETC-CSU) pattern
|Units: (30 Required)|
|Complete a minimum of 28 units within the major;
19 units from Required Core,
a minimum of 3 units from Area A,
and 6 units from Area B.
|Units: (28 Required)|
|Complete elective coursework to achieve the minimum 60- unit requirement.||Units: (2 Required)|
|Total Coursework||Units: (60 Required)|
|General Education Requirements - Complete 30 units||Units||Offered Online|
|CSU-GE or||See CSU-GE course offered online at Delta College||30||✔|
|IGETC||See IGETC course offered online at Delta College||30||✔|
|Core Requirement - Complete 19 units.||Units||Offered Online|
|BUS 3||Financial Accounting||5||✔|
|BUS 4||Managerial Accounting||5||✔|
|ECON3||Principles of Microeconomics||3||✔|
|ECON5||Principles of Macroeconomics||3||✔|
|BUS19||Legal Environment of Business||3||✔|
|Area A - Select one, 3-4 units from:||Units||Offered Online|
|MATH 12||Introduction to Probability and Statistics||4||✔|
|Area B - Select two, 6 units from:||Units||Offered Online|
|CS11||Fundamentals of Computer Science||3||✔|
|CS12 or||Introduction to Management Information Systems||3||✔|
|BUS 20 or||Introduction to Business||3||✔|
|Elective Coursework. Complete 2 units.||Units:||Offered Online|
|Various||Select an Online Course using MyDelta Portal||2||✔|
Complete all courses in major with grade of "C" or better.