Technology and Learning Center
The Technology and Learning Center (TLC) provides a supervised lab environment designed specifically for CalWORKs student. Benefits and services offered:
- Access to computers and Internet
- Free printing, copies and school supplies (based on funding)
- Reading 99 and Supervised Study Time (SST). This is an approved CalWORKs activity for students needing to meet weekly participation hours
- Convenient and quiet study areas
- Complete your class assignments, online course work, search for employment, and more!
- Lending library materials available (headphones, calculators, and more on loan while using the lab)
- CalWORKs TLC staff available to help
- Receive general information and referrals to the CalWORKs program and campus resources
- Assistance with accessing Delta College email, financial aid, class registration, academic history, etc.
Reading 99 is a CalWORKs course designed to designed to strengthen students’ reading and writing levels and skills. Students are assigned modules based upon an individual assessment of their skills. Students of all skill levels are appropriate for Reading 99. This course prepares all CalWORKs students for success in their vocational training programs and throughout their careers. Reading and writing tutoring services are available.
Students are referred to Reading 99 and SST by an Academic Advisor. To schedule to meet with an Academic Advisor, call (209) 954-5151 ext. 6209.
Supervised Study Time
Supervised Study Time (SST) is also available to students who are enrolled in the Reading 99 course. Supervised Study Time is allotted to each student based on their class schedule and needs. Hours spent in Supervised Study Time also count toward a student’s CalWORKs participation requirement and can also be counted as a core activity. Hours are monitored by a time clock and are reported monthly to CalWORKs Case Managers.
Following college policy, students will be dropped from either Reading 99 or SST when they miss more than one day than the class meets per week.
Selina Mendoza is the Instructional Support Assistant who coordinates the lab. For more information, call (209) 954-5759 or stop by Danner 204.
I was able to attend TLC/Reading 99 last semester and it really helped me to understand certain English assignments, which is I believe, why I passed English 079 with such a high passing score...I am truly grateful.
Current CalWORKs/TLC Student