The mission of the Purchasing Department is to support the Institution's educational programs and other related services by acquiring and distributing in a timely manner, the highest quality equipment, supplies, and services at the lowest possible cost, based upon an open competitive vendor selection process, without prejudice, seeking to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure, consistent with all laws and regulations governing public agencies that fosters a competitive, transparent, ethical and legal bid process. In addition to the implementation of internal controls such as yearly fixed assets verification, appropriate disposal of obsolete items and proper archival and maintenance of records, to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. To achieve these objectives, the Purchasing Department is committed to providing comprehensive supporting and public services that are high quality.
Code Of Ethics
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.