In Case of Workplace Injury or Illness
If you have experienced a work-related injury or illness, effective December 1, 2015, Company Nurse should be the first call the injured employee makes at 1-877-518-6702. It is accessible 24 hours / 7 days a week. All claims should be reported within 48 hours of the injury.
Company nurses are registered nurses who use their medical training and clinical experience to treat injured workers and assess job hazards. Company Nurse will be able to direct the injured employee as to whether or not they can treat as first aid or if they should immediately go to the worker's comp clinic (Dameron Industrial Relations.)
The process is very simple. Employees and supervisors must follow these steps for work-related injuries.
- Employees should immediately notify their supervisor of the injury.
- If the injury is life-threatening, seek emergency care immediately - Call 911.
- Call the Company Nurse at 1 (877) 518-6702 any time medical treatment is needed. If the employee is unable to call Company Nurse, the employee's supervisor should make the call for the employee.
- A nurse who answers the hotline will gather information and make a care recommendation and advise the employee on the next step.
- The Company Nurse will send the claim form to the Department of Human Resources. Additional information and signatures will be required by the employee and their supervisor. A Human Resources Representative will contact the employee and/or supervisor to complete this process.
When contacting Company Nurse, please provide Search Code QS146 to expedite the process. If you have questions, please contact Lorena Mendoza.