Applicants applying for admission to the ADN program are required to have a current Application for Admission on file with our college. All applicants to the ADN program must have an active Delta College student I.D. number and Delta College email address. All correspondence from the college will be sent to the Delta College email account.
The ADN Online Application Period for the Fall 2019 semester will open Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 at 9:00 am and close Thursday, March 21st, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Questions about the application? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before applying to the ADN Program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
All prerequisite courses MUST be completed in order to be eligible to apply to the program. All units listed are in semesters
- BIOL 31 Human Anatomy* (4.0 units)
- BIOL 32 — Human Physiology* (5.0 units)
BIOL 22 — Intro to Medical Microbiology (4.0 units) or
BIOL 23 — General Microbiology (5.0 units)
ENG 001A — Reading and Composition (3.0 units) or
ENG 001B — Written Communications II:A Critical Introduction to Literature (3.0 units) or
ENG 001D— Advanced Composition and Critical Thinking (3.0 units)
- HS 019/ FCS 019** — Human Development (3.0 Units)
- Math 92G/ Math 92S or Math 82 — Intermediate Algebra (Not Used to Calculate science score) (4/0 or 5.0 units)
**for all applications beginning Spring 2018 ONLY HS019/FCS 019 Human Development will be accepted as a prerequisite. Nutrition will no longer be accepted.
Students need to take Math 92 (S or G) to meet the ADN admission prerequisite. Math 82 in not listed in the ADN degree requirements until catalog year 2010-2011. ADN students who claim 2008-09 catalog rights, or prior to 2008-09 are not required to complete Math 82 in order to graduate from Delta with an Associate Degree in Nursing. Math 92 or higher remains a graduation requirement for ADN students who enter Spring 2011 and thereafter, depending upon a student's catalog rights.
Students are encouraged to take statistics (MATH 12) to fill the Math requirement as it is a prerequisite to CSU Stanislaus and most other BSN programs.
Students are encouraged to take COMST 5 or ENG 1B or ENG 1D or PHILO 30 while at Delta in order to meet CSU critical thinking requirement to be ready to enter a BSN program.
Delta Student Requirement
To qualify for the program, you must be enrolled as a current Delta College Student and know your Delta College ID Number and email address. To be considered a current Delta College student, an "active application" must be on file with Delta College Admissions and Records. If you have not attended Delta College for two or more semesters, then yoy do not have an "active application" and must reapply to Delta College. Any student who does not have an "active application" on file prior to the ADN online application opening date will be unable to submit an application to the ADN program. Learn More About Applying to Delta
As of Spring 2018, TEAS Test will be the only version accepted. We will no longer accept TEAS V. For information on scheduling the TEAS, go to www.atitesting.com.
SJDC is not offering the TEAS test, however, you can visit atitesting.com for dates and locations
Social Security Number
You are required to have a Social Security Number to apply to the program. Hospitals and other clinical settings require that Delta College nursing and psychiatric technician students have completed a criminal background clearance. In addition, a SSN is required for licensing. All students accepted to the program will be required to provide a copy of their Social Security card.
Access to Online Application System
You must be able to check the status of your ADN application in the online application system. Email notifications will no longer be sent and it is the responsibility of the student to check his or her status by logging into the online application system.
After the closing date, all information reported in the online applications will be reviewed and points awarded according to the ADN Admission Criteria. 90% of the spaces will be filled by rank order (highest points); the remaining 10% will be selected by computerized random selection of qualified applicants. Applicants will be invited to submit required documentation in support of the information provided in the online application. All correspondence regarding the status of applications to the program will be sent to the applicant’s Delta College student email address.
Students officially offered a space in the program will be sent an email (Delta College student email address only) along with the ADN Student Information Packet. You will be required to either accept or decline your space in the program by a specified deadline. The ADN Student Information Packet includes all required forms (physical, immunizations, etc.) with information and deadlines.