Before applying to the Psychiatric Technician Program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
- Complete all prerequisites prior to applying with a grade of a "C" or better
- Be a current Delta College student
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Completion of the Twelfth (12th) Grade in High School or its Equivalent. A copy of your High School Diploma, High School Transcripts showing graduation, or passed the "GED" test at the 12th Grade Level; copy of certificate required.
- If a student has a High School diploma from a foreign country, an evaluation must accompany that foreign High School diploma that indicates it is equivalent to a U.S. Twelfth (12th) Grade High School Completion. The agency evaluating the foreign diploma must be accredited by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Biology 33 - Anatomy & Physiology OR Biology 31 - Human Anatomy
- Psych 001- Introduction to Psychology
- HS 19 / FCS 19 - Human Development
- HS 36 - Medical Terminology & Speech
Download Prerequisites PDF
Delta Student Requirement
To qualify for the program, you must be enrolled as a current Delta College Student and know your Delta College ID Number and email address. To be considered a current Delta College student, an "active application" must be on file with Delta College Admissions and Records. If you have not attended Delta College for two or more semesters, then you do not have an "active application" and must reapply to Delta College. Any student who does not have an "active application" on file prior prior to the Psychiatric Technician Online application opening date will be unable to submit an application to the program. Learn More About Applying to Delta
1. Apply for Admission to Delta College
Applicants applying for admission to the Psychiatric Technology (PT) program are required to have a current Application for Admission on file with our college. All applicants to the PT program must have an active Delta College student I.D. number and Delta College email address. All correspondence from the college will be sent to the Delta College email account.
2. Complete the PT Program Application
This will be available online during our application window.
Questions about the application? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Students Are Selected to the PT Program
A random selection process is utilized to select qualified students to the Psychiatric Technology Program. Additionally, we reserve a limited number of spaces for Veterans with an honorable discharge who meet program prerequisites.
If you are selected to the program, you will be notified via your Delta College email address. Upon selection, you will need to:
- Complete and submit all clinical requirements as early as possible and no later than the stated deadline:
- LiveScan (Fingerprinting)
- Drug Screening
- Professional level CPR
- Malpractice insurance
- Physical exam
- Purchase skills lab kit
- Attend the Welcoming Reception hosted by senior students
- Purchase course syllabi, textbooks, uniforms, etc.
Information about completing the above will be provided to you upon program acceptance.